We are currently looking for a Japanese Native Sushi & Japanese Cuisine Chef to work in a Japanese Restaurant in Portomaso, St. Julian`s.
Please find hereunder some additional information for your perusal:
1) His/her responsibilities:
Must be responsible only for professional cooking related matters.
2) Requirements: While reporting to the CEO, the candidate will be responsible for providing leadership in the culinary sector of the restaurant and uses perception and creativity to not only maintain, but exceed the existing standards of the restaurant.
He/she must ensure at all times we remain competitive and leading the way in Japanese cuisine within the local/international market.
- Responsible for supervising kitchen and coordinating activities of other members of the sushi bar and sushi prep area in preparing, portioning, cooking and garnish fine Japanese food dishes.
- Previous experience from Japan and overseas.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Modern Japanese creative flair and influence.
- Very attentive to food quality and presentation.
- The role requires creativity, drive and tenacity.
- Well verse in English.
- Minimum 8 years experience in four or five star hotels/restaurants.
- Extensive knowledge of Japanese cuisines.
- Highly developed culinary skills and kitchen management experience.
- Degree in Hospitality/Culinary Management preferred.
- Certified in Food Handling and HACCAP.
3) Language requirements: English.
4) Nationality: Preferably Japanese.
5) Other benefits: Accommodation provided.
6) Duty hours: 48/wk with one day off.
7) Paid holidays / Annual leaves: Annual leave.
8) Term (length) of employment: A 2 year contract.
9) Approximate starting date: 1st March 2012.
10) Working permit provided by Marina Restaurants Ltd.
Candidates with proper requirements only are kindly requested to apply.
Please send your personal CV and a passport sized picture to: